Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!!!!
 
As 2013 approaches us rather quickly I might add, I would like to take a few moments to recap what has been going on and what to look forward to in the New Year!
 
 
It is hard to believe that this past year Tristan "graduated" from Pre-K, spent the summer at Splash Down Water Park being a fish and then started Kindergarten.  I can honestly say that when he was 4 days old and we were sitting in the consultation room at Children's talking with Dr. Cross, that I never thought we would get this far.  Low an behold Tristan had his own idea of what he was going to do and accomplish.  Now he is a very intelligent Kindergartner who is in the advanced Kindergarten class.  He is having a little trouble with his hands as I mentioned in the last post but we are working to get help with that.  Tristan had 5 cavities filled without Novocaine because he cannot currently have it because it lowers his already low heart rate.  Other than that he has had an amazing year making new friends at school and growing like a weed!
 
In 2013 we are anticipating a fantastic year for all of us.  Tristan will be starting hockey lessons next week.  I will be sure to let everyone know how that is going.  He was swimming over the winter but after going ice skating for the first time yesterday he has decided he is going to give hockey a try.  I think his cousin Ira has something to do with this but that is OK with me.  We are also waiting on the reports from his last holter monitor and blood work that was done at the last Cardiology visit.  Tristan seems to be holding fluid again but it isn't too bad.  Some of the kids with the Fontan tend to do that for a while but it is just taking Tristan a really long time to get used to.  OK so maybe almost 4.5 years but who is counting :)
 
In 2013 we will also being going on our First Family Cruise.  We are very much looking forward to this vacation.  We are going to celebrate the marriage of our very good friends Todd and Leslie.  I am very excited and nervous at the same time because there is so much I need to get ready to take with me for Tristan.  I need to make sure I have their birth certificates, Tristan's most recent EKG and last Cath pictures.  I also need to bring the finger pulse ox I just recently purchased.  I will also have a letter from his pediatrician and possibly his cardiologist for that 'just in case" envelope.  I need to call the cruise line and make sure they are able to accommodate a pediatric patient and if not then I will make sure we have what he may need, ie: blood pressure cuff, finger pulse ox lead, pediatric leads, and possible pediatric needle for ivs.  I was told that they will make sure they have those on board for him as long as I speak directly with someone in their health department.  All fun things I have to look forward too in the next month.  I wouldn't change one minute of it!!!
 
I really hope that everyone enjoys their New Year!  I will do my very best to update this with new and excited information as much as possible. 
 
Happy New Year!  May your New Year be filled with all the joys you could imagine!!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!! Good stuff to know about the cruise ship. I'll have to remember that if we ever find ourselves in the same situation.

    ReplyDelete